Quality Cleaning In Offices
There are various methods of cleaning surfaces, which are aimed at maintaining and conserving them. Quality cleaning in offices, Depending on the type and condition of the surface, certain methods will be carried out and with the frequency that corresponds to them.
But the most frequent cleaning operations are those that are carried out daily. In the following pages, we are going to distinguish several cleaning techniques that we can perform in offices.
The customer trusts that they will receive a good service and, of course, we will give it to them.
We will separate these techniques one by one and we will know all the parameters that we can find in order to be able to carry out the most appropriate cleaning for each surface.
Removing dirt and dust is a task of great importance, among other reasons:
- When we come across a surface where dust has deposited, it gives us an impression of dirt.
- Dust is a transmitter and propagator of microorganisms.
- It causes allergies in some people.
- Dust can make it difficult for precision machines or installations to function properly.
Cleaning the surfaces is a task of great importance, not only for aesthetics, but also, as we have already mentioned, for health reasons.
For dust removal, vacuum cleaners, dusters, cloths and cloths treated with cleaning solutions will be used. We must always find the most suitable way of working, saving time and unnecessary effort.
In an office, we can identify different types of furniture:
- Upholstered furniture.
- Metal or synthetic tables, shelves and cabinets:
- Computers, printers, photocopiers, telephones, etc.
- Various objects.
They are a bit complicated to clean, since they are covered with a textile, leather or synthetic leather that in many cases absorb dirt, making it almost impossible to obtain a good result.
In chairs, sofas, armchairs, etc., if the covering of the seat, backrest and armrests is textile, it will be vacuumed daily using a vacuum cleaner.
Periodically, it must be cleaned with a shampoo solution or with specific products for textiles, taking special care not to over-wet the seat or the covered part, since the sponge it contains inside can expel dirt when wet, staining the upholstery Exterior.
If it were the case that the coating was made of natural skin, it will have to be moisturized periodically. Quality cleaning in offices, There are different emulsions on the market that provide excellent results, taking care of and extending the life of the furniture.
If the upholstery is found on walls and murals, it is more difficult for it to stain, but it must not be forgotten that suspended dust contains dirt particles that adhere to the walls with moisture. In this case, the cleaning process is the same as for the rest of the upholstered furniture.
Periodically, mechanized cleaning should also be performed. There are specific machines on the market for this type of furniture and surfaces, which use the injection-extraction system, or dry foam.
Synthetic tables, shelves and cabinets
The vast majority of objects that we clean in the offices are made up of melanin, an agglomerated board of wood particles, covered on both sides with decorative films impregnated with melamine resins, which is characterized by being a totally closed surface, free of pores, hard and resistant, that withstands heat.
To clean these surfaces, the best technique is to simply use soap and water. A good microfiber cloth moistened in a solution with neutral detergent leaves it perfect.
Wood veneer or solid wood furniture
Here we can meet with differences of opinions. According to carpenters and cabinetmakers, in this type of furniture it is not advisable to apply wax or silicone sprays, since with this technique the surface is greased and loses its natural beauty. Quality cleaning in offices, Let's not forget that most of them are protected with varnishes and waxes. Thus, a cloth moistened in a neutral solution would be the best cleaning technique.
When the veneer or solid wood is deteriorated, it is convenient to nourish and hydrate it. Specific soapy products for wood contain those nutrients they need, and we must not forget that it is a natural surface and that the passage of time can deteriorate it.
Computers, telephones, printers, photocopiers, etc.
Disinfection of telephone sets
Colds and respiratory illnesses are spread by mouth. It must be borne in mind that the telephone's headphones are the closest to our mouth and, therefore, what we will have closest to catch some kind of contagion. Quality cleaning in offices, The above reasons require that cleaning the phone involves disinfection.
Cleaning of computer and other equipment (computers, photocopiers, etc.)
Clean with a microfiber cloth slightly moistened with water and a neutral detergent solution so as not to damage the equipment. We will never directly spray equipment.
Displays can be plasma, LCD, LED, and CRT, and not all require the same cleaning techniques.
For a CRT monitor (currently in disuse), we can use any neutral cleaner or based on bioalcohol, but to ensure a better cleaning and not run the risk of damaging the equipment, we should not dump said cleaners directly on the screen, but on a cloth, which we will then pass over the screen with smooth movements.
LCD monitors (liquid crystal displays) need a more delicate treatment when putting them in contact with a cleaning element, since if there is dust on the screen, when placing a dry cloth, important scratches can be generated.
The steps to follow are as follows:
- Turn off the monitor and unplug it (if possible).
- Gently wipe a chamois or cloth moistened with an antistatic product and then dry.
- Another option is to spray a cleaning product on the cloth, but being careful not to wet it too much so that liquid does not drip onto the monitor.
- Clean monitor cables.
- Connect the monitor.
To carry out the cleaning of the screens, there are cloths impregnated in specific solutions, which are very comfortable and easy to use. The outer parts are the easiest to clean, because you have easy access to them.
Proper equipment cleaning technique is important, otherwise you can cause damage. To avoid them, there are a series of actions that we must not do:
- Never use aggressive cleaning agents, as these contain chemicals that can damage the screen.
- Avoid using any cleaning product that contains ammonia, acetone or ethyl alcohol.
- Do not spray directly on the screen, as the liquid could seep into the edges of the screen and cause serious problems.
- Do not use tissue paper, newspapers or towels, as they can cause large scratches on the screen.
- Do not clean while the computer is on.
When cleaning the keyboard, we must also follow a few steps:
- Disconnect the keyboard from the computer.
- Flip the keyboard over and tap gently to release any trapped objects.
- If necessary, vacuum between the keys, so that any particles that did not come out with the blows come out.
- Moisten a cloth or chamois and clean the keys and the rest of the keyboard. That should restore the natural brightness of the keyboard.
As for the mouse, we will proceed as follows:
- Disconnect the mouse from the computer.
- Dampen a clean cloth with cleaning solution.
- Clean the external surface of the mouse with the cloth, taking care with the buttons.
- Locate and remove the circular disk that contains the mouse's traction ball, if applicable. It should have arrows that indicate which way to turn the disc to remove it.
- After removing the puck and ball (if any), clean them with the cloth and put them on a clean surface.
- Using the cloth moistened with alcohol, clean the part containing the traction ball, taking into account that the cloth does not have to be too damp.
- Inside the traction ball container there are some rollers, which probably have a layer of dirt that must be removed with the help of tweezers or another object.
- Mount the mouse and connect it to the computer.
This task is very specific and it is recommended to carry it out with the utmost precautions.
When cleaning a laptop, we come across three different elements. On the one hand we have the screen, a very delicate component to which no pressure can be exerted, but which is usually full of dust and fingerprints. Another important element is the keyboard. Although it seems strong and suffered, this element receives the majority of food residues, lint, dust, etc. eventually causing many keys to malfunction or even damage any internal circuitry. Finally, and although it is not something technical, we have the case. Generally, the fingerprint mark is usually carried after having touched greasy substances, etc.
At this point it is important to note that every time we go to clean any area of the laptop, it is convenient that it is disconnected from the electrical network and with the battery removed.
objects Light objects located on furniture or on tables will be lifted from the place where they are to clean the surface where they are located, as long as they do not scratch it.
The bins are emptied of residues, cleaned with a neutral detergent solution, the bag is changed and put back in place.
Special attention must be paid to decorative objects that may be in offices or offices, such as paintings, figures, lamps, etc. These objects, some of great value, must be treated with special care, following the instructions of those immediately responsible.
When cleaning and maintaining a premises is proposed to us, we think of the largest surfaces such as floors and walls. They are the most "showy" surfaces, so to speak, but no matter how clean an office is, if it has a dusty or stained floor, the quality of cleaning service does not exist.
As in the case of furniture, the most important thing is to know how to distinguish the nature of the surface.
Textile covering (carpets) It
is installed less and less, since it is comfortable and warm, but as a disadvantage it has poor cleaning maintenance.
This surface will be vacuumed daily, whenever possible, paying special attention to areas with the highest traffic, such as the entrance, corridors, etc.
Regularly, a specific cleaning will be carried out, which can be with injection-extraction machines, dry foam or shampooing.
Natural hard pavement
If the floor is terrazzo, marble or granite, a cotton mop will be passed daily, applying a dust collector, or impregnated, in order to eliminate the dust that is deposited.
You can also scrub with a mop and a solution of water and neutral detergent, a floor scrub that will be perfect, as it will not damage it and will highlight its natural shine.
Recovery treatments will be performed periodically, such as crystallization, if necessary.
Artificial hard flooring
It will be the case that we find stoneware or any clay pavement. For this floor we will not have problems, since the mop will simply be used daily to remove dust and suspended particles, or it will be scrubbed with a mop dipped in a solution of detergent and water. In this case, the detergent may be slightly alkaline, depending on the degree of soiling.
Soft coating (PVC)
We will clean it as if it were a hard floor.
General maintenance cleaning
A good work plan for an office would be:
- Collection of debris scattered around the surface (empty boxes or materials left over from the activity).
- Emptying and cleaning of bins.
- Mopping or wet sweeping.
- Dusting of furniture. A frequency can be carried out in order to clean all the existing furniture.
- Cleaning and disinfection of toilets.
- Floor cleaning depending on the surface (scrubbing, vacuuming).
- Cleaning of cleaning and storage tools in the reserved area.
All these tasks will always be indicated by the client's needs and will be included in the proposal made and accepted. In this proposal the frequencies of each task must be clear; otherwise, it will be difficult to perform a good service.
Stay tuned to our website Superhealthylife for more updates and news.